The Jacksboro Public Library was established in the 1950's via court decree. The library has been located at several different sites until a permanent home was proclaimed in 1976 in one wing of the newly constructed Jacksboro Municipal Building. This building also houses the town's municipal offices of Mayor, Recorder, Police Department, Fire Department and Water Department.
Originally the library was open four hours a week. Today, the Jacksboro Public Library is open forty-eight hours a week with two staff members. The library is one of four in the county and is the state-designated Full Service Library of Campbell County. The library is located at 585 Main Street directly in front of the Campbell County Courthouse.
[click on image for larger view]